Weird. It's my last week in Paris and I'm doing the desperate scramble to see...well, to see everything that I told myself that I had all the time in the world to see when I arrived in February. Zoinks. Fortunately, my mother is here to facilitate this process. When I was younger, she was the queen of the fanny pack, the walkie talkie, and a plethora of multi-colored brochures that all promised novel experiences within a vast throng of tourism. She's calmed down considerably. So, we're here together in Paris and I'm so pleased that I can show her around.
She had a bit of trouble getting to my apartment yesterday. Her flight got in three hours late due to a major air-conditioning system fiasco at La Guardia that caused her and her fellow passengers to enter and exit the plane three times. Some people just ended up taking off and then the flight was further delayed while someone looked for their luggage. When she arrived in Paris, she got on the RER and was on her way. However, when they got to Gare du Nord, an announcement came on and everyone filed out and she was told that she had to get off the train. "No! I'm going to Saint-Michel....Saint-Michel!" Those of you familiar with Paris have already spotted the problem. METRO STRIKE!! Fortunately, she found her way here without any problems.
Our plan for the day is the Grand Palais. Last, as we walked to my favorite Japanese restaurant near Pont d'Alma, she was very curious about the building and was pleased to learn that I haven't explored it yet. We leave on Saturday for Dubrovnik.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment