This has been my favorite week in Paul's class. Great presentation by Sara (as for the powerpoint: Yoink!). Great class discussion. Best site visit ever! Père-Lachaise is exactly the kind of place that I want to spend every day in. Densely packed, amazing gravestones, clandestine places to make-out (speaking of which, my boyfriend comes in to Paris in 10 days! Finally! I've been watching people make-out all over the city for the last two months. Take that, sexy French people!).
Friday, April 4, 2008
I just got back from my first traversing-Paris-after-midnight walk (le gasp!) and it's true; Paris really is more beautiful at night. Drunker, too. After seeing Deux Soeurs pour un Roi (it's not a coincidence that the French title is hotter) with Ornella, Lena, Leetal, Sara, Molly, and Molly's charming younger host-brother, I opted to head home rather than join them to scout out the most expensive and tourist-ridden area in Paris for a "cheap bar". Especially since it always seems to take us almost an hour to find a place we can all agree on. So, I headed towards the Tuilleries and was immediately accosted by a young man in search of a cigarette and hence learned a lesson that would serve me well for the rest of the evening. It's all fine and good to be able to speak another language, to be able to say that, no, you don't have a cigarette, but as soon as someone hears you have an accent they are so ready to take advantage of your presumed cultural ignorance. So, I did like a good French girl and completely ignored every man that tried to engage me on the way home and listened to their friends laugh at them as I passed by, starring purposefully ahead.
This has been my favorite week in Paul's class. Great presentation by Sara (as for the powerpoint: Yoink!). Great class discussion. Best site visit ever! Père-Lachaise is exactly the kind of place that I want to spend every day in. Densely packed, amazing gravestones, clandestine places to make-out (speaking of which, my boyfriend comes in to Paris in 10 days! Finally! I've been watching people make-out all over the city for the last two months. Take that, sexy French people!).
The cemetery is gorgeous and my pictures really do not do the view any justice. I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but I'm going to try to visit a cemetery in every city I travel to while I'm in Europe. Back in the States, hanging out in cemeteries is one of my fave pastimes. They're charming, they're fun to explore, and usually there's not really many people there so you can pretty much do whatever you want. I remember Hans mentioning a cemetery back in Amsterdam, but I never followed up on it. Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

This has been my favorite week in Paul's class. Great presentation by Sara (as for the powerpoint: Yoink!). Great class discussion. Best site visit ever! Père-Lachaise is exactly the kind of place that I want to spend every day in. Densely packed, amazing gravestones, clandestine places to make-out (speaking of which, my boyfriend comes in to Paris in 10 days! Finally! I've been watching people make-out all over the city for the last two months. Take that, sexy French people!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment